Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's day

Happy mother's day everyone!
Today I made my mom a cake a vanilla cake with strawberry icing it didn't have the healthly factor I usally want my baking to have but it was what she wanted . So instead of posting that recipe I'm going to post my grandmother's favorite. Apple -oatmeal cookies. Their sort of like like the changed sugar cookies expect it uses oatmeal and raisins. Once again their based on Martha Stewart's Cookies cookbook, expect these are not based on sugar cookies but Iced oatmeal Applesauce Cookies.

Ingerdients:
1 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
1 large egg ( this time I didn't use just the whites but I encourge you to try it)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon cho-milk or milk
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 1/2 cups roled oats
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.f. Put apple sauce,milk and maple sryup in a bowl with sugars. Mix toghter.
2.Add eggs. Mix well.
3.finally add the flour , oats ,baking powder and raisins mix well.
4. place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. cook for *15-20 min. let cool. and enjoy!
*cooking time may depend on cookie size.

No comments:

Post a Comment